Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1970 AM/FM mono delco radio. It has 2 green wires, one with a black stripe. I think the plain greeen is 12 volt+ and the black stripe one is neg or grd.
Am I correct so far?
The other 3 other wires are still connected to the original connector block which consist of one black,one yellow and one gray (which I believe to be the radio lamp).Is the black grd and yellow a single speaker wire?
I'm going to use two rear deck speakers only. If i'm correct with my above assumtion on the wiring harness, how do I achive proper wiring on two speakers? Hook them up in series with the yellow going to the + of one speaker out - , than in + to the other and out - to the black on the radio?

I know I need 8 ohm speakers and can achive this with hooking up my 4ohm in series, but I really need to know if I have the harness wires correct first.

Thanks in advance !!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The black is ground from the dash harness, yellow is power from the fuse, gray is the light form the dash lights. The dash harness should have a mated connector with the black yellow and gray. The black and green are the speaker connections.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts