1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Usually a state issued VIN, if it was stolen and stripped, someone took it off at one time for resto and the right guy caught it, stripped rust free shell and rusty donor, or goodmark body.

Looks like the guy ran out of money bastardizing the car after the "front end" was done and now has to sell to hopefully pay his CC off. The poor car is very confused almost like if a mullet hair cut was a car.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the guy ran out of money bastardizing the car after the "front end" was done and now has to sell to hopefully pay his CC off.
What's wrong with the front end (other than the spoiler under the bumper)? :confused: ... looks like a nice LS powered Chevelle to me.:yes:
and
"The poor car is very confused almost like if a mullet hair cut was a car"...
What??? ... A "confused mullet hair cut" car?? :wacko: Never heard of that!

Claude.

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
$83K, this seller has a high opinion of his mods on a Malibu. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$83K, this seller has a high opinion of his mods on a Malibu. Good luck.
Yeah I agree that 83K is a little high and I think a more realistic price would be around $45K~$50K. :yes:

Claude.

·
Premium Member
5,867 Posts
Man, the front of that car is UGLY
Millenial:frown2: taste. Looks like everything that has been millenialized can easily be rectified. I like most of the rest of the car. Wheels and front end, not so much. That front end probably sticks pretty well above 200 mph. Just needs a huge wing on the trunk to complete the aero package.:|

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Man a live... 83K for a LS powered mailbu... wow. Looks proper underneath and all..... yet....55K retail. Maybe 60. unless it comes with a frame off and i'm not assuming that with a pro touring restoration. Someone may have that much into it. At this price, up close and personal is the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
From the front looks like a frog.
So what makes this a $55K-$60K car? Thats high end SS territory. Take $20K or so off that price and at least then it a price that isnt snickered at IMHO.
If this is a look that the majority find appealing then my tastes are a thing of the past. I think it kinda ugly. Loose a couple things to improve the looks. Less is more.

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, the front of that car is UGLY
I agree that removing that spoiler would make a huge improvement. :yes: ... but the rest of the front end looks ok (to me at least).
and
From the front looks like a frog.
So what makes this a $55K-$60K car? Thats high end SS territory. Take $20K or so off that price and at least then it a price that isnt snickered at IMHO.
If this is a look that the majority find appealing then my tastes are a thing of the past. I think it kinda ugly. Loose a couple things to improve the looks. Less is more.
It costs way much more than $50K to build a car like that with a twin turbo LS engine, 4 wheel disc brakes, a/c, etc for 50K... So I think that $50. would be a very acceptable price for that car...
I don't understand why some of you guys seem to hate that car so much... the body as well as the engine compartment are both nice, body gaps look ok, interior also ok, nice custom alloy wheels, etc... Maybe it's because there are more "purists" on this site than "custom" car enthusiasts... Personally, I would be happy to have it parked in my driveway!

Claude. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
Claude,
You should know this by now. Just because it costs more doesnt make it worth more.
There have been many cars that the builders think are the cats ass, that others dont find tastefull. Taste is a personal thing. Has nothing to do with originality.
You like something and I dont. Vice versa. I dont get offended, i say different strokes for different folks. But it doesnt change my opinion.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Looks like the guy ran out of money bastardizing the car after the "front end" was done and now has to sell to hopefully pay his CC off. The poor car is very confused almost like if a mullet hair cut was a car.[/QUOTE]

More like pay off his house 😳😳. 83000 WOW

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know its just nit-picking the car but when someone is asking the TOP end of the price spectrum to me little details are just as important as the twin turbo engine. That being said little details like vacuum the passenger rear sear carpet, the missing dome light lens, rear bumper picture looks like the chrome has dust in it/hazy and needs to be replated, the body vents in the door jamb broken where the screw attaches and not pulling the door latch so the mechanism is all painted to me things that just make me scrutinize everything else and leave me wondering what other corners were cut. All minor things but to me just as noticeable. Just my opinion but I would have spent the money on the detail the small items rather then the modern headlights. I probably would also install a set of wheel well trim. To each there own I am not a big fan of the chin spoilers on muscle cars to me they never look right they always look like an add on. Just seems like trying to blend restomod and tuner car and it doesn't work for me. These little things bug me even more when the seller states" No expense spared on this total Pro Touring Restoration. Over $110K spent. "

Reactions: 427L88
1 - 17 of 17 Posts