Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've seen some ads for chevelles that have no motor or trans and say that they are in GOOD condition for around $2000. My question to this is, can you use newer motors and trans in a chevelle? and how much would both cost? cost to get installed? If its not THAT much money, would I be better off getting a "rolling" chevelle, and looking for a motor and trans? rather than finding a complete one? I don't really want to have to worry about engine trouble so thats why I was thinking about finding a fairly newer eng. and trans. and just dropping it into a car that doesn't have them. I've found that there are just as many ads for cars (in my price range) that don't have any eng. or trans, as cars with a running engine that doesn't run so well or even run at all. I'm only 16, so I don't know much about engines or trans but I know some people that do and could help me find some nice fairly new ones, rather than having to take the old one apart and rebuilding it. I'm still going to look for a car that does run good, but what I was asking was, would it be easier to just find a nice chevelle w/out an eng. and trans. and just find my own eng. and trans, rather than looking for a complete running chevelle? and I think that if I find a nice chevelle w/out the eng and trans, I would have a wider selection of finding an eng and trans than finding a complete car. So give me some of your opinions, help a future cheveller out.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Dazed
Didn't you start this yesterday in Bench Racing? Thought I gave an opinion. Maybe I'm confused. Normally condition for me at work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did post it in Bench Racing, but someone suggested that I post it in Drivetrain and I might get some more opinions, so I did. Then I figured, what the hell, why don't I just make another one in the biggest forum. I just want to try and get all the advice I can before making any big decisions. Thanks again for you opinions, they helped me out.

[This message has been edited by DaZeDnCoNfUsEd (edited 07-13-2001).]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thats fine. You can close these topics if you'd like. With the advice that I've gotten, it sounds like this idea would be ALOT of work. I think I'll just scratch this idea and stick to looking for a whole car. Thanks though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.