Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and got pretty much the same info in different threads or sites. I'm looking at a Muncie, don't know whether it's an M20, M21 or M22. The guy sent me a few pics with numbers but that isn't helping me too much. Best I can tell right now as a guess, an early M20 or M21 due to the shifter arm connections. I think they are mounted to studs....
He has everything still bolted on so I can't see the input shaft. Should be able to pull the side cover, but not sure yet.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I searched and got pretty much the same info in different threads or sites. I'm looking at a Muncie, don't know whether it's an M20, M21 or M22. The guy sent me a few pics with numbers but that isn't helping me too much. Best I can tell right now as a guess, an early M20 or M21 due to the shifter arm connections. I think they are mounted to studs....
He has everything still bolted on so I can't see the input shaft. Should be able to pull the side cover, but not sure yet.
Thanks.
This is not a Muncie. Its a Saganaw 4 speed. Take the time to look at actual pictures of Muncies to see the difference.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
X2, that is a Saginaw. That trans has a main case and extension housing made out of cast iron, not aluminum as the Muncie would be.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take the time to look at actual pictures of Muncies to see the difference.
I have. I didn't post this because I'm lazy.
I will admit, I'm not very familiar with either transmission. This was the only picture the guy sent where I could see a part of the cover, looked like 7 bolts. Hadn't actually looked at it in person. He told me it was a Muncie, my ignorance went along with what he said. Didn't pick up on the reverse lever, because, like I said, unfamiliar with these other than internet information and forums like these. Same for the cast iron and the aluminum.

I appreciate the information and the heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts