1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
The right side motor pic in the ad should be clear enough for anyone to see the plug in the exhaust manifold for #2 cylinder. I'd like to see a pic of the water pump and crankshaft pulleys too. Decent car, but not $25K decent, not even close.
BillL

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
I guess the guy didn't believe us. I find it a shame that people like this run into these deals. This guy never deserved to own this car dangit. All he was wanted it for was to try and turn a huge profit. I hope he never gets a bite. He probably bought it for 5 if that.
Just makes me gag that people like that find these deals when I would love this car in that color restored.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I don't think it's the guy that didn't believe. It's his buddy that owns the car that doesn't.

No way will this car ever bring that kind of $ until restored. Even then it's a push. Maybe if the car was a L78 and had POSI!

This is a base model SS396 with Buick interior and nothing special other than it's a survivor. Good Luck.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,411 Posts
I don't think it's the guy that didn't believe. It's his buddy that owns the car that doesn't.

No way will this car ever bring that kind of $ until restored. Even then it's a push. Maybe if the car was a L78 and had POSI!

This is a base model SS396 with Buick interior and nothing special other than it's a survivor. Good Luck.
Never say never, ebay buyers are nutz.
(more so than BJ buyers)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well, this guy is starting with a 20K opening bid and a "buy it now" for 25K ...... and a total of "0" bid so far, I think this seller should take a good look at what the other '68s are going for on e-bay and forget about the BJ auction. This car would be a great project for maybe 9K-12K depending on the frame & floor conditions (no pics posted)............ also, I've never seen a 4-speed console like that, no rubber boot..... it looks like a auto tranny slide. :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Up for bids is this rare 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 cubic inch
It's got to be worth 25K, Its RARE.
There were only 55,309 SS 396, 2-dr Sport Coupe's built in 68.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Well, this guy is starting with a 20K opening bid and a "buy it now" for 25K ...... and a total of "0" bid so far, I think this seller should take a good look at what the other '68s are going for on e-bay and forget about the BJ auction. This car would be a great project for maybe 9K-12K depending on the frame & floor conditions (no pics posted)............ also, I've never seen a 4-speed console like that, no rubber boot..... it looks like a auto tranny slide. :confused:
What he said:thumbsup:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Exactly, no love for the car, probably bilked the original over for crap money and walked away laughing

I had a neighbor in MD who still has a one owner 66 hemi Charger 4 Speed, If he passed, and I was offered the car, Id have to tell them, it was worth a fortune,. even though that would mean I could never afford it

Steve

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes, I got my very solid 68SS for a whole lot less as well, with no body work needed other than wet sanding for primer and paint! Non original motor with a CE replacement block, 4 speed, complete and running for under $, oh wait, I'd better not say just in case someone wants to offer me $20K to $25K for it....anyone? Nice car..... Blue, not green.... $30K then?

The amount some people seem to bid things up on E-bay is scary at times, wonder if stuff ever really sells for those outrageous amounts!

Jeff
68SS in TX

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.