Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Elky back from the Body shop for soda blasting, body repair, & paint. Engine was out for engine bay painting, is now back in and hooking everything back up. All is going well, BUT, I found a small "harness" which was unattached, laying up by the wiper motor. I cant find it on my wiring diagrams, which are the same as listed for the other 67 question. This setup has 2 two pronged male connectors about 2 inches apart, with Y and lbl wires connecting them. Anothe Y wire comes out of one of the connectors Y connection and goes about 2 feet to a single male connector. This set looks like it was exposed to the soda treatment so I dont think it came from inside (he replaced the carpet while seats were out). These colors match up with the wiper motor wiring on the diagrams, but all of those connectors are hooked up (never were disconnected). Any help?
Also, when removing the engine, I ran across an O wire with a round female connector on the end. It looks like it shoud be for the blower motor, but the blower motor functioned and was hooked up to a different wire. This car has factory A/C. The O wire was just rolled up, taped and hanging down behind the engine.
Thanks for any input.
John

------------------
TC# 958
'67 Elky 396/325 TH400
----------------------------
"Speed Costs Money -
How Fast Ya Wanna Go?"

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Can't quite think of what the harness goes to but if it hits me, I'll post back if no one else does.
The orange "blower" wire is easier. It's an extra that you don't need. All the harnesses have it but your A/C car doesn't use it.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. Thats what I thought about the Orange wire. This other piece has me scratching my head!
John

------------------
TC# 958
'67 Elky 396/325 TH400
"Speed Costs Money -
How Fast Ya Wanna Go?"

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another question that Im almost too embarassed to ask! Where does the big end of the neg battery cable attach for ground? The smaller wire goes to the fender but I cant remember where the big end was, and my vid doesnt show it!

John

------------------
TC# 958
'67 Elky 396/325 TH400
"Speed Costs Money -
How Fast Ya Wanna Go?"

·
Registered
903 Posts
And I thought I had it bad with my glovebox light question!

It goes on the hole on the front of the block above the fuel pump.

Ain't it a bitch when you take stuff apart and think "Oh I don't need to write that down, I'll KNOW where it goes." I'll be doing the same when I go to put my dash back in I'm sure!

------------------
my 67 droptop

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chad. How right you are! I wrote down a lot and took video of all the brckets and stuff, but this was sooooo obvious......

John

------------------
TC# 958
'67 Elky 396/325 TH400
"Speed Costs Money -
How Fast Ya Wanna Go?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts