Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rick Bucci got me wondering.My 69 has factory bench,was m-22.Second owner really hacked up the left side of the trans hump to accept a modified v-gate shifter in the 70's.If I put in a repro-correct hump,will i need to modify it at all to run a hurst comp-plus with a bench seat ??.Mucho Gras to all.Shawn

------------------

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
Shawn, I ran a Hurst comp-plus shifer in my 70 thru the factory bench seat hump with no trouble. I trimmed an 1/8" off the drivers side to keep it from scraping when going into reverse. Looking back I may have been able to loosen the trans mount and move the tranny over that much. Philip

·
Registered
69 Posts
Muscle Car Factory had the exact hump you need (orig) with all spot welds removed for $25 at the Pomona Swap Meet, thought about picking it up. They might still have it. I had a '70 with the Comp Plus and it worked perfectly with no mods.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think all of the A body floor humps are the same, the difference is in how the hole is cut out. Some have different holes cut in them for different applications. I have 2 floor humps from GTOs, one is a 65 without console and one is a 69 with console, the difference is the console models have a bigger hole cut in them. Both the GTO floor shift humps fit in a 67 El Camino, the contours are the same.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,652 Posts
Could someone do me a favor that has a factory manual shifter hump in place with no console? I just need a measurement from the floor to the top of hump at the front and rear of the hump. Top of carpet to top of carpet will do. My '69 has had the floor pan replaced (two halves) by a previous owner and a lot of cutting and welding went on in the area of the hump. The hump may now be too short. It now has a Hurst C/P shifter that extends way above the hump before the handle attachment. It has a gigondo Hurst boot on it now and I want to install a factory repro bezel and boot and eventually a Muncie handle on the Hurst shifter. I'm thinking the hump will have to be replaced to do this but want to verify. Thanks in advance. von

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS Murphy's Law is always in effect

·
Registered
12,972 Posts
My son's 71 is bench with a factory hump. At this time I'm in Shreveport and the car sits in my driveway in Okla. If I get back to OK in 2-3 days I will take these measurements if no one else has posted them. I don't know the Hurst part # now, but the bench/bucket is the same and with either a Hurst or Muncie factory handle, the stock boot fits perfect.

------------------
Tom Parsons

[This message has been edited by DZAUTO (edited 01-29-2000).]

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,652 Posts
DZAUTO, I figured you were away from home, in jail, in hospital, or computer was out since you hadn't yet returned my Email about Pertronix LSC. Thanks, I would greatly appreciate the measurement. Don't know yet (don't want to remove it to look) if my shifter is the 3918010 it's supposed to be for a '68-'72 Chevelle but it'll have to do.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS Murphy's Law is always in effect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.