Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This related to Sun Visors.

My last three classics (69 GTO, 69 Firebird & 69 Camaro) all had the full width sun visors and rods on the inward ends which snapped into a bracket in the center of the windshield area. My 69 '300 Deluxe' has smaller sun visors and no system for fastening the inward ends. Do '69 Malibus' have the full visor and center snap-in bracket?

Another possible difference between the two models.

Thanks.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine are the same on my 69Malibu. Full Length visors that clip into the retainer/rear-view mirror Bracket.

------------------
350 4speed 12bolt 3.73's
Bench Blue w/black inter. [email protected]

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Don, mine are the same as yours, as expected. My 71 Malibu has the same set-up too I think.

------------------
Bow_Tied's 2¢ worth ¿¿
'69 SS 300 Deluxe
'71 Malibu 2DR HT
Ron Cook

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,687 Posts
Don, Mine are like Dean's but I can't be sure it's original.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS TC #15 ACES #1575
My '69 SS

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
The little things that you don't notice. Our '69 300 Deluxe SS396 hardtop has the same short sun visors as Don's. I believe that the visor and headliner material is of a different pattern than the malibu's as well.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,687 Posts
My headliner was the original 300 Deluxe basketweave pattern (different than Malibu pattern) when I got the car. I'm doubting the originality of my sunvisors/brackets because the sunvisors were a different pattern (little stars in the pattern). BTW, I was able to get a new basketweave headliner from Year One. From what Don, Keith, and Ron say, I'm guessing my sunvisors/brackets aren't correct.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS TC #15 ACES #1575
My '69 SS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.