Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle SS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting a long time for this day!

Purchased a full UMI suspension system for my '67 SS back when COVID hit (June, 2020). In fall of 2020 I removed the front clip, engine, & trans to clean up the firewall and front frame section. During the process I discovered some frame damage on the front horns. So I decided to pull the frame, send it to Jim's Chevelle Alley / The Frame Shop in Ohio for repair (new front section), boxing (Hellwig FX kit), sand blast & powder coat. Picked it up from Jim in AZ earlier this week and got it home and ready to start reassembly.

Parts all laid out:
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive exterior Hood

I'm also doing a Baer disc conversion at the same time. And probably a TKX transmission.

It's so nice working with new & clean components!

·
Registered
1966 El Camino 350/370HP 5 speed TKX 3.31 rear.1967 Chevelle 454/430HP Th400 w/Gear Vender 3.73 rear
194 Posts
I will be following your post, as I found my 67 Chevelle frame is bent in on the right side. Not scheduled to start on it until next year, once I complete another project. Looks like Jim's did a nice job on your frame. Are you ,making an engine change also to mate with your TKX?

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle SS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be following your post, as I found my 67 Chevelle frame is bent in on the right side. Not scheduled to start on it until next year, once I complete another project. Looks like Jim's did a nice job on your frame. Are you ,making an engine change also to mate with your TKX?
No engine change at this point. It's the OE 396/325 engine and while I did think about stuffing the original under a bench and buying a new MJ BBC, I've spent too much already! LOL! I will be storing the OE Muncie under a bench though.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle SS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, that's the Hellwig kit. The frame is the original (as is the engine, trans, etc.) verified by the #s stamped on the frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts