Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was warm and sunny in California today so I got busy. Tomorrow I'll glue on the fabric, wire up the new Optima Yellow Top and get the amps mounted and wired. Sub should come some time this week. More pics to follow. I added one special pic for all my East Coast TC brothers.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
You are one mean mutha. :D Trunk looks great.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
1,971 Posts
MayI ask how you attach the boards to the inside of the trunk?
I would like to do something like that in my trunk but don't know how to attach the panels?
Do they make clips for this?
Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Re: Amps & Sub Installation pics (update 2/20)

It was warm and sunny in California today so I got busy. Tomorrow I'll glue on the fabric, wire up the new Optima Yellow Top and get the amps mounted and wired. Sub should come some time this week. More pics to follow. I added one special pic for all my East Coast TC brothers.
updated 2/20: Got the panels covered in fabric. Highly reccomend the 3M Super90. That stuff works great. Also used the Super77 because I already had it. The Super90 is about 100 times better. Used up the 77 on the flat surfaces and used the 90 to secure the edges and fold-over material.

Also managed to get the amp plate covered and wired it up today. That's over 1000 watts there. Now if the dang SoloBaric L7 would show up!...

For T.C.....Don't know of any clips etc. Everything I'm doing is custom, made by me, installed my way. I used something called "hardboard" from HomeDepot to make the panels and the material is generic from any speaker place. Mine came from SoundDomain. Used the entire 6' X 10' roll. I'm going to use industrial strength Velcro to hold the side panels so that I will still be able to access the batteries. I'll stick them to the wheelwells and then hook them behind a tab mounted to the lip you'll find underneath on each side. The key is the amp plate. It really does most of the work holding all the panels in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts