Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

what would be a fair price for a working am radio for a 69 chevelle? what about am/fm radio?

i am thinking of purchasing one over ebay.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
jeffs right ... but the PLUS should be in bold letters ... I just watched an AM-FM sell on ebay for 385 dollars somthing like 40 bidders :eek: ... so if you see one & want it GOOD LUCK !! the after market new one are a lot less & work better
ya ya ya I know it an't NOS but I'm not Showing .. I'm DRIVING

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
WEll the nubers look right but the front plate looks white to me. Seems like I have seen some 69 radios that had white tint vs green. Not sure on this one.
91APB1
9 = 1969
1 = Chevrolet div of GM
A = A body
PB = Am push button
1 = series 1

·
Registered
984 Posts
Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=42606&item=2416436253
The 65 am/fm radio is a super rare item. You can buy an am radio and have it changed over to am/fm stereo with a digital readout behind the stock dial and a cd controller. It looks factory but performs great. The conversion is expensive.
You should look for an ebay ad for a radio that is either refurbished or at least "working." Unfortunately there are no real guarantees on ebay, but there are companies out there that specialize in rebuilding the old radios to factory specs. My original am/fm unit was rebuilt and it sounds great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts