Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys are great you have gotten me out of a lot of binds thanks. i bought a radio from the salvage yard and need help with the wireing ,it has a black plug with a yellow,grey,and black wire,the plug below is white with a drk grn,lt.grn,lt.brn,lt.grey,plug below that is blue with y/brn together and blu/drk blu togeter. if any help, part no. on radio tag is 16009960. thanks for all your help. john.
sorry for got to mention that in going to install this radio to my 1965 malibu thanks john.

[ 09-20-2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: John_Muha ]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey "Big John",
Try this place for info. The thing they sell even has info on hos to fix it that most shops would need. You could also talk to your local electronics repair guy and he may have one.

http://www.samswebsite.com/photofact/pf_search.asp

Hi from a friend of "DG's" in Ohio. He's talked about you.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The radio is around 1985 model year.

I believe the connections are.
Black plug- Yellow +12V, Black Ground and Gray is dash lighting.

White plug- Front speakers LtGreen and DkGreen to one Tan and Gray to the other, don't know which is left/right.

Blue plug- Rear speakers Ltblue and DkBlue to one and Brown and Yellow to the other, again don't which know is left/right.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Radio model # 16009960 is a manually tuned electronic (Delco 2700 series) am/Fm-stereo radio originally installed in a 1990 GM truck.

Why on earth would you want to install this bulky unit in a 1965 Chevelle???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your concern about installing a this bulky radio this a temperary install, can this unit be installed with the wiring info and how to install wires. i have a radio given to me from a friend that pulled out of a 1964 malibu it has the 2 civil defence markings. but i cant find a good used bezal for my 1965 malibu no/ac any info on a good used dash bezal.{coppertop} thanks john . ps radio part no is 16009960.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts