Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any problems with having a "non-functional" cowl induction hood? I live in Southern Cal. and it never really gets cold here. Lowest will be the low 30's in the morning a few days a year.

------------------
Dale P.
Team Chevelle Member# 423
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
I have often thought about disabling the inner door to my hood so that it could flow fresh air ALL THE TIME. You know once upon a time, such things as ducted outside air to the engine was "RACING STUFF", but now, every automobile on the planet is built with a fresh air ducting to the air cleaner. Go look at the air intake on your Lumina or pickup.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got a friend in San Bernardino that has been runing his open for the past 5 years with no problems

------------------

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been running without the inner air flap for years. I closed off the air cleaner snorkel inside the air cleaner housing with black duct tape. All the air enters thru the cowl with or without the vacuum flapper door open.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I was concerned because the factory went to a lot of trouble to make the flapper mechanism. Also folks seem to go to great lengths and $$ to make theirs functional again.

------------------
Dale P.
Team Chevelle Member# 423
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.