Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A want lightweight aluminum wheels for street/strip. I think to Welds wheels ProStar or Rodlite. Will be some so lightweight and strong?

I like 28x9 or 29x9 tires in 15x8 rings.. it's ok or has some mismatch?

(excuse me the English):clonk:

· Registered
197 Posts
I used Centerline Auto drags for 20 years. They are very very light and extremely true but I upgraded to 18 inch. If you are looking for a light wheel they are a good candidate.
The more modern looks favor spokes and they tend to be heavy.

· Registered
504 Posts
Alot of people dislike the Pacer/summit/jegs brand aluminum rims but I've used em' and I've used Welds.

Personally for the cost difference, go with the cheaper brand knock offs. Why?......because Weld doesn't stand behind thier products very well at all. Our shop doesn't do buisness with em' because most all the wheels we've sold from Weld have had problems in the future. To many upset costomers came back with leaking rims/horribly bent ,etc,etc.

The summit brand or equivilant jegs/pacer brand are way cheaper and just as light. In fact before I mount my tires on my rims I always put em' on the balancer before hand to check how "true" the rims are. The 2 sets of Welds i've owned were bent from the boxes and thiers nothing weld would do for me on both occasions.:eek: The summit brand wheels were less quality in "bling bling shine" but spun "true" and were just as light as a Weld wheel.

· Registered
30 Posts
Alot of people dislike the Pacer/summit/jegs brand aluminum rims but I've used em' and I've used Welds.

Personally for the cost difference, go with the cheaper brand knock offs. Why?......because Weld doesn't stand behind thier products very well at all. Our shop doesn't do buisness with em' because most all the wheels we've sold from Weld have had problems in the future. To many upset costomers came back with leaking rims/horribly bent ,etc,etc.

The summit brand or equivilant jegs/pacer brand are way cheaper and just as light. In fact before I mount my tires on my rims I always put em' on the balancer before hand to check how "true" the rims are. The 2 sets of Welds i've owned were bent from the boxes and thiers nothing weld would do for me on both occasions.:eek: The summit brand wheels were less quality in "bling bling shine" but spun "true" and were just as light as a Weld wheel.
I got a set of the Summit knock off pro stars...They're really nice quality! I never knew who made them, but now I know Pacer makes them.

The only complaint I have is I wish they were a shank lug nut design, not conical seat, but it's no big deal, atleast on my potentially 11 second heap:noway:

Joe

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts