Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems at one time in its life too long of a bolt was threaded in the rear waterneck attachment. when you remove the thermostat there appears to be evidence of a repair there.

Now I have a leak coming through the bolt hole. One thought is to replace the bolt with a stud using something like JB weld. Then just slide the waterneck up and down the stud when replacing gaskets or thermostats.

Any repair comments would be appreciated. Its an Edelbrock performer manifold on a 454.

Thanks

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
probably work OK. use a bunch of brake cleaner and compressed to get all the gunk out of the hole and off the stud.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just did a cracked intake this Monday. They weld up really nice, no problems. I have also got carried away with porting and ported the wall right out of an intake port. Again no problem welding them up.
If you wanted to try the stud yourself you have nothing to loose. Give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.