Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search just didn't answer everything so her goes. The engine compartment clean-up continues and we are at the alternator phase.Can some one tell me what belongs under the hood of a 1970 chevelle 454 ls-5;no air no power windows alternator -wise. I would like to replace existing with the correct one. A source for a correct one would help too. My catalogs just show generic rebuilds. Thanks to all Nick

------------------

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
My information indicates it should be a 37 amp alternator part #1100834. As to a source, place an ad in the wanted section for that alternator. Someone else may know where you can get a rebuilt/restored alternator.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas . Great start. I too talked to a parts house that carries "DELCO REMY" rebuilds.They no longer carry the 37 amp version ,its up to 55 or 62 amps. The alternators are built from the old 37 amp cores naturally and look the same in appearance. Should I concern myself with the higher amperage i.e. fusible link trouble etc? Nick

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
No problem with the higher amperage unit. The car only takes what it did in the first place. Alternators can be restamped so buyer beware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts