Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife races a 67 El Camino at the drag race track. I swapped out the water pump and fan for electric units this winter so that the cool down process would be easier for her.

Concurrent with these 2 swaps, I converted from the stock style alternator and brackets to a low mount Jegster bracket and East Coast Automotive super mini alternator.

I run this same combination on my drag car so I knew I wouldn't have any clearance problems.

The alternator is a one wire design and all it needs is a single wire run to the positive terminal on the battery.

Most of this El Camino is running on the stock wiring system, is there anything I need to do with the stock alternator wiring harness other than tape it up ??

The wiring diagram I have shows the main red in the alt. harness running to the battery and the other 2 smaller wires going to the voltage regulator..

anyone got any opinions ?

67chevelle509

------------------
Current rides:
01 GMC 2500 SB HD CC 4x4 8.1 allison
67 Chevelle drag car
509 CI BBC,TH400
1.35 60 foot 9.850 @ 134.55 mph
1970 C10 2WD PU being rebuilt
1967 El Camino 396, TH400 ( wife's drag car)
Jr. Dragster 5 hp B&S for the kids

http://community.webshots.com/user/mark67chevelle

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
That's about all you need to do with the stock wiring to the alternator. However, if you don't have a voltmeter you may want to add an after-market meter. Need some indication that the alternator is working. Cheap insurance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts