Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alt. light has a thin gauge wire to it wich is cut at the harness near the firewall. Can any one tell me the routing from there? I think it goes to the reg. but not sure where.

· Registered
4,007 Posts
Yr of car??? Color of wire??? Does the alt light work currently? The alt light gets power from the IGN switch, the ground side of the alt light bulb is a 16g brown that goes to reg. There is also a bypass wire, it is a 20g brown w/white stripe. It also get power from the IGN switch (directly) and joins the 16g brown at the firewall bulkhead inside the car. The purpose of the bypass wire is so the the charging system will still work if the alt light burns out.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 67 SS 396. The wire appears to be 20 gauge will check color tonight. I put 12v directly on the wire and the alt. bulb lit. It's not the one off the regulator. Again it has been cut along with the idiot oil light wire a couple of feet from the fire wall under the hood. I'm trying to figure out where it should be routed.
Thanks, Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.