Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All, just found this site its GREAT! I have a 68 El Camino 350 SB equipped with headers,and Im havin a heck of a time gettin the alternater and powersteering pump to work out for stability and adjustment, especially the rear pump bracket! I am concidering goining to a long style water pump and relocating the alternater to the right side . BUT I still am puzzeled on the powersteering pump rear bracket. HELP Anyone? THANKS LONER

·
Registered
29 Posts
I relocated my alternator to the right side. This was an afternoon job. As far as the powersteering pump, the lower bracket was fine. I fabricated an upper bracket out of the long hockey stick style alternator bracket. This gave me enough room for adjustment of the powersteering pump. The chrome header bracket just didn't work well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thornbe, Can You give me a bit more detail on exactly how and where You located the hockey style fabricated bracket? Did You use the bolt holes on the front of the head or???????? Also did You have to change the pulleys? Upper and lower pulleys? Thank You Loner

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same problems with a 66 El Camino. The alternator was OK but it would throw the p/s belt under hard acceleration. The "universal" alternator bracket made by Cyclone raised the alt. about 1". Made a bracket that went from the water pump to the front of the power steering pump. Also made a 3/8" thick bracket to drop the p/s rear adj. bracket.

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.