Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I am in search of an alternator adjsutment arm. Okie-1 had one at CB01 and I blew it by not buying the set. The arm I am seeking is not the typcial stamped piece, but looks similar in composition to the ex manifold bracket part. Big black and ugly. It has two low mounting points not one low one manifiold.

Does anyone know what this part came from to help me refine my search??

------------------
Member #62 Gold/ACES 03112
67 SS396(427-3X2)
Be Big, Be a Builder

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
I am guessing this is for the BB short water pump application..last one I got was off a 72 2WD pickup that had a 402 in it. It was still a factory SWP setup on the truck in 72. I grabbed all the brackets, including the remote resiviour PS setup...EDIT I remember the lower alt bracket was cast iron, but I cant remember if the upper piece was also..I am not sure what part you are looking for.

------------------
Dave
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
72 chevelle
55/57/61 chevies
TC member #493
Never forget Earnhardt!

[This message has been edited by drptop70ss (edited 12-14-2001).]

·
Gold Founding Member
5,827 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Dale,
those diagrams are great, but look like I6 and smallblock stuff. The BB iron brackets are quite different.

------------------
Dave
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
72 chevelle
55/57/61 chevies
TC member #493
Never forget Earnhardt!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I'm not dreaming these exist; I've seen them. They are NOT 67 pieces. I'd like to find out what they were used for. Stock 67 has two mounting points in engine, one is the water pump stud, other WAS on intake. tripower has no provision for this upper intake bolt. The piece I have seen has the two engine mounting points both down around the water pump. It is not the usual stamped steel piece.

This is more of a needle in a haystack than I thought. Using a cheapo chrome one with only one engine mounting point. Thnx.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 12-14-2001).]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gene, the adjusting bracket on my '69 1/2 ton is a big steel piece, which bolts on the upper w.p. bolt and front intake manifold bolt. On the driver's side of the engine. This particular bracket came from a '71 chev 1/2 ton with a 402. Could this be the one?

Oh, just registered, as junior (CW Mellow) told me to but have been hangin around for a long time.

------------------
69 C-10, CST. Short Wide. 427, 400auto, tilt, cruise, a/c, disc brakes....C.W.'s got the Velle

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drptop70ss:
Dale,
those diagrams are great, but look like I6 and smallblock stuff. The BB iron brackets are quite different.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. That's why the view says, "View shown for parts identification only. Part numbers below are for 1967 Chevelles." That's the only view my GM book has, generic 63-71.

Gene: I'd check with a Corvette group since the tri-power was never offered on a Chevelle. Doesn't this picture look like the alt bracket is bolted to the intake? Been 34 years ago but I had a 67 396 single Holley and intake that I swapped for a 67 3x2 setup. I don't remember having any problems bolting things back up. Maybe your intake is a later year that probably wouldn't have provisions on the drivers side for the alt bracket?

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dale, yeah correct, its a 1969 435 Hp mani.

Jeff, WELCOME! Yeah, I'm wondering whether its a truck part. Incorrect yes, but better than the chrome Mr. Gasket I have now. But this one does not go into the manifold, it has two low mounting points which I ASSUME are both water pump.

Okie-1 , what was that setup you had at CB01! I NEED ONE!!!

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 12-17-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.