Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen quite a few posts lately about guys NOT going to Chevellabration this year. :(
I'm curious...
Of those that normally have attended in the past, who's not attending this year??
And (I'm not wanting to know specific personal reasons) is it because of high gas pricing/transportation costs or is it the date held which conflicts with the kids still in school that week?
Seems like these are the two most common reasons given.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
I still plan on going to CB08 but the 69 will stay at home this year. Too mant little things to finish and I dont want to rush it. I do plan on going a few days early so I can hit that closed junk yard I found in NewPort and see if I can get some of those parts that place has. Last time I was their I ended up drinking moonshine with the owner most of the day...and staggering around looking at all the parts and cars.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
I have an idea, if it is a money factor, why not come a day later? That should make up the difference in gas over last year. I would not let that keep me from coming.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Want to, but my sister is due that weekend with her first baby. As my mother is no longer with us, I wanted to make sure I was there for her.

Sure will miss everyone I met last year! Have a good time, we'll see you in 2009.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I would love to go but I'm curious how most guys do it that do not live close by (12+ hour drive for me). Do you trailer your car, drive your car, fly in w/o car and just attend?

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Do you trailer your car, drive your car, fly in w/o car and just attend?
Mike, from what I've read.............people (& I use that term loosely) do all of these.

·
Banned
894 Posts
I won't be going. :sad:

HOWEVER.... I'll be having my own little Chevellabration at my house in Philly at the same time as the real CB! :D

All are welcome to attend! There will lots of loud Iron Maiden tunes playing and strippers dancing around as well as a burn out contest!

But the fun wont start untill after you help me get my Chevelle finished first!

·
Gold Founding Member
3,080 Posts
Not me, left coaster, too far to drive and already have the family vacation scheduled for mid June. Would like to fly out sometime just to put faces with names. I read somewhere that all the big shows are in that area because its within 5-6 hour drive of 70% of US population.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm not going :sad:

But its mostly about vacation scheduling conflict.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
I think I finally came to the realization that I'm going to miss this year too for a few reasons, the kids are still in school, and it's going to cost to much between the hotel, gas, and renting a trailer..

One of these years I'll make it back down there..

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
I think I finally came to the realization that I'm going to miss this year too for a few reasons, the kids are still in school, and it's going to cost to much between the hotel, gas, and renting a trailer..

One of these years I'll make it back down there..
cripes that little baby is going to be in college by the time you see her again :)

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Was seriously contemplating trying to make it out again but aint gonna happen.

I wish I lived within a reasonable distance...and had money....and had a running chevelle....and no wife....and no job - WHOA! I JUST realized - you retired and divorced guys are living my dream life!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Not going because I have a weeklong family vacation in July. Also, have three weeks off in October for my wedding and honeymoon. Refer to wedding and honeymoon excuse for why I have no money to attend CB08. I do have free flight miles, but Goodlettsville has no Marriott properties yet for me to stay free. Can't afford to drive from California.

Some year I'll make it back out there.

You guys that can drive 10 hours to CB from the upper midwest or northeast, I envy you. You can't even drive the length of California state in 10 hours!

·
Gold Founding Member
64,284 Posts
Always wanted to go but us left coasters are always left out of the fun:(
WHY is that?
Some people come from CA, some even drive their Chevelles to Nashville.
Plane tickets cost that much? (I really don't know)

Was seriously contemplating trying to make it out again but aint gonna happen.

I wish I lived within a reasonable distance...and had money....and had a running chevelle....and no wife....and no job - WHOA! I JUST realized - you retired and divorced guys are living my dream life!
Problem is Beaux, when some people get to the retirement age, we just don't feel like doing anything, don't have money for such "outings" and our wives say "naaa, I ain't goin" :(

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.