Chevelles.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all the sound deadener is in the car wow that took quite a bit of time to cut this to fit up in the firewall. All i can say is i can't wait to try to fire up the car today and see how quiet it will be even with all the carpet out of the vehicle and no sound deadener below the carpet.

Also got the new windshield installed wow what a difference that is going to make. Had the original windshield on there had so many pits an air bubbles it was so hard to see out of.

Here is my dash JUST before it goes in the car. BTW i used FOIL tape to hold all of the duct work on, that stuff works great. THe other duct work (Sqaure to the top of the dash) i also used the foil tape, it made it real rigid like original.

Here are some shots with the dash in the car, and alos the steering column back in. Got the pedals all hooked up for the 4spd got a few more electrical connections to make then i can connect the battery back up make sure all of my new light bulb sockets work (only had 3 working before now have 9).

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Gumball,

great looking pics of the dash! Is that part of an entire new interior color? Seats gonna match the dash?

Oh by the way, we talked a long while back about a tach in your dash. Still planning on something like that? I ended up putting one in the clock hole.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
Can't wait to see that interior done. It's gonna look great!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the front seats i bought are corbeu seats and they are black. The rest of the interior is going to be something like this. The carpet is green, the front seats are going to be black. The headliner i think will be black. The door panels i want to have green with black flames but i have no idea what will actually be done and the back seat i want green with black flames also. We will see what actually gets done though. I think after i get the 4spd swapped in there we will be painting the car green. I want the car green with black flames but we will see if funds permit.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I really like what you did with the dash! That color with the metallic is nice!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Hello gumball,i'm restoring a 68,first car ,has ac.In the picture of the tubing where it goes above the dash gauges did you flatten out the round tubing or build a box section for it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Elco.

That part is original. If I remember correctly, it's actually 2-3 parts that make up the center vent for the AC. If you don't have one, you can probably make something, but believe you'll be way ahead to find an original piece.

Dale

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to just squeeze the metal tubing that is inside the plastic and shape it to a square to fit under the dash. It was an EXTREMLY tight fit due to the fact that i put that 1/2" instulation all up in the dash as well. I have started tearing apart the front clip and getting the fenders lined up will start wet sanding here in the next couple of weeks and will hopefully spray the car in december.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Thanks thats what I was looking at doing.Have the old paper tubing in it know but have the plastic to replace it,have to look at mine to yours looked like you had added a box section where it goes across.Working on the shift indicator where it cuts into the plastic,have coloumn shift on mine,right know be awhile before paint.Needing to changing the bushing next,probally end up doing a whole frame off in the end.Thanks for the pictures,helped me.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also started changing out my body bushings, my car is just going to be a driver so i have been spraying PB Buster on all of the cage nuts and letting it sit, i have removed the core support bushings, ones in front of door, and the one right below the door. Mine so far have been easy to get off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts