Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was in Florida I had the opportunity to take a cruise on one of these things - always wanted to do that. I was actually more interested in the machine more than anything, but the ride was exhilerating. He was only bringing the boat up to about 45mph, but I'm sure this thing would do much, much more. The motor only sounded like it was turning about 3000rpms.

-The boats runs a 454HO crate motor (shoulda asked if it burns oil, but I didn't see any smoke :clonk: )
-Holley 800/850 DP'er
-1.75 headers
-Magnaflow exhaust

I was amazed at how slow he could idle the motor it was around 500 rpm, but when he nailed it the whole boat just jumps up and goes. Skimming over vegetation is real cool. My wife and kids loved it. CHeck out teh gators.

When I retire and move down to Florida, I might have to get one of these!

·
In Memory of Kevin
2,171 Posts
soooo, did you tip the guide as the seats suggested?

I figure if you spend that kinda money on a boat ride, no need to tip the driver, whats next, tipping the cop after he gives you a ticket?

i've heard of guys putting 572's on these things too

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Those are really popular down here. Some people even race them up in the Big Bend area. Alot of BBC on them as well.

·
Registered
999 Posts
i've heard of guys putting 572's on these things too

We have to contract one out for work sometimes and he is running a 572 on his and its only a 6 seater the thing hauls butt. We had to stop on some dry grass which is like being stuck in the mud for one of those things and he has a water tank with a heavy soap solution he sprays out in front of the boat to make it slick so he can take off again but it didnt work so we had to get out and rock and push the boat until he could make headway, Once he got moving if you couldnt jump on the boat you had to catch up to him when he got to a slick spot and some of the guys that he passed got caught up in his prop wash and took a beating from the debris he threw up. Fortunatly I made it onbaord but I did get a huge bruise from hitting the side of the boat on my way in:D Fun stuff!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
bbc chevys in boats burn 1 quart in 20 hours aproximatly. tony.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
We did a tour in Belize (BackABush tours) into the Mangroves and back swamp areas. Was really cool, but we caught a low water area and bogged down. After calling the other boat crew up, he still couldn't shake it loose, so a bunch of us bigger guys offered to jump out and help push. Dude was an American who retired down there, and was very grateful. He bought each of us a beer and gave us each a free T-shirt.

His rigs also had Big Blocks. Wife throught it was funny that I took a pic of the boat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.