Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rear air bladders on my 72 El Camino. I have some serious wheel hop, and i know it because of the air bladders. Is there a way to fix this yet still allow the bladders to be filled? When i run it at the local strip i deflate them totally, and leave the right side with about 5 psi to counteract the twist. Should I install ladder bars??? thanks

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
72Elky, just a cosmetic note, the anti-hop bars are pretty well hidden while ladders "hang loose". Run a search on "hooking up" or "traction" and you'll find a wealth of info on the fixes.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
72 elky
on my 67 427 shovel i installed south side machine lift bars n 1 air bag in pass side spring. this works great. just played with air in bag till it went straight.after installing these bars ladder n slappers went out the mailslot.the cool thing is you cant even tell they are there, accept for a little more trailing arm /lift bar rake hope this helps, good luck keepin the nose on the ground , chevelle pickups are tuff

[This message has been edited by 67RAT (edited 06-17-99).]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just out of curiousity, how do you install ladder bars on a coil sprung rear end? I have only seen them on leaf sprung but occasionally hear of setups for coil springs..

Also Ive heard that deflating the air bags in the rear coils is not a good thing, might damage the bag

Mike
Gold #34

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike-

Hmm, thats interesting and I never heard of that. When I purchased the car, I noticed a significant amount of sag in the rear end, and found that both bags were totally deflated. I had it like this for a couple of weeks. How does it damage the air bag?? And does anyone know what the recommended maximum PSI for these air bags are???

[This message has been edited by 72Elky (edited 06-22-99).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.