Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have air shocks on my '66 chevelle. Mine are made by Monroe. They give my car a really good looking stance. The ride change wasn't that different from the shocks I had before. I think they are worth the little extra money.

·
Gold Founding Member
63,085 Posts
I would recomend air bags rather than air shocks.
The problem with air shocks that I have seen on two different Chevelles is they will cause the frame to crack and break out around where the top of the shock mounts to it.
The frame is not designed to support the weight of the car at that point.

------------------
Dean Call
A.C.E.S. # 00235
N.C.O.A. # 4350

macc.chevelles.net

·
Registered
622 Posts
Minh had both bottom shock mounts broken from air shocks when I got it. It now has air bags.

------------------

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Now that the broken shock mount problem has been discussed, are there any recommendations for the brand/type and seller of the airbags? I have an El Camino and have been reluctant to get new air shocks because of the broken (again) shock mounts concern. Thanks for suggestions.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have air shocks on my El Camino and I use it like a truck. The only problem I have had was the mounting tabs on top of the shock broke one time and it was replaced no charge. Other than that I have ben happy with them. I have a little 12V tire pump and when ever I need more air I just hook it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.