Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a set of these in tonight and the 1/2 red spacer just didn't seem right.

I'm not sure if it's because I have a QP 9" rear housing possibly. The spring perch sits up 2-3" to help hold the spring in place, pretty sure the factory 12 bolt was similar. Anyhow, with the spacer sitting on top of that spring perch, it really seems to put some pressure on the spacer once you have some air in the bags.

Anything to be concerned with here? Good news, I was able to get the car leveled out much better.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I put the Air Lift1000 Air Bags # 60744 Kit in my old 12 Bolt in 2009
then switched them into the new S60 from Strange in 2013

Only put air in them at the Track usually 10+ lbs on Passengerside and 5 lbs on Driverside

Cannot remember how high the Spring perch was on the 12 Bolt or is now on the S60

Cars in the Garage for the Winter, so cannot check/measure for you

If you had the Rearend of the car not level you should find out why and fix that
could be something in the Frontend of the car causing the back of the car not being level

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
could be something in the Frontend of the car causing the back of the car not being level
This really is the usual cause. Counter-intuitive? Yes, but ask any suspension expert.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought I would give an update...

First off, you guys are correct, finding the culprit is the end goal, but I needed to raise the rear a bit with the BMR lowering springs. The 3" exhaust was clunking when I would hit a bump. I had the car completely apart, so all new body bushings, TRZ rear upper/lower CA's, shocks, springs, front was also redone with new bushings and shocks/springs, factory control arms though. I need to pull the front shocks to make an adjustment, so I'm going to check and see how I installed the springs.

FWIW, with the QP 9" housing, I just used the red 1/2" spacer and let it rip - seems just fine. I like to overthink things sometimes lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just put a set of these in tonight and the 1/2 red spacer just didn't seem right.

I'm not sure if it's because I have a QP 9" rear housing possibly. The spring perch sits up 2-3" to help hold the spring in place, pretty sure the factory 12 bolt was similar. Anyhow, with the spacer sitting on top of that spring perch, it really seems to put some pressure on the spacer once you have some air in the bags.

Anything to be concerned with here? Good news, I was able to get the car leveled out much better.

When I still had the bags in my car before going to an ARB.
The spacer goes on top to protect the inlet line into the bag.
On the bottom I had to add a big washer/plate to the top of the bottom spring mount for a base that the bag sits on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts