Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that since I had to "rebuild" this fresh 350 ( see cam eater ) I would get the Edelbrock Air-Gap intake and 1.6 rollers that I had future Vett plans for anyway. I wanted the bosses for nitrous and what the hell spend it now or spend it later, it's only money.
Well it's pretty neat looking and seems to have provisions for everything. However the casting finish is kinda crude and had to modify the alt bracket some at the manafold. I tried both of the more common type brackets and neither one fit, so I went with the one that goes up to the water neck as it seemed the easyist,only needing some artfull bending. Also the throttle cable bracket needed some elevating although the kickdown bracket fit ok.
Hope to fire it in the morning will let you'all know how it "feels" later.
Harley

L

·
0 Posts
I'd be interested too in how it works. But i have to agree with Mike about Edelbrock. And as an aside...if everyone here who uses Edelbrock stuff died tomorrow they'd go out of business next week. There are other manufacturers out there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
We just put a Performer (not RPM) on our 350, (along with cam, and small chamber heads)
After H**L getting the Q-Jet sealed up on it....
I'm thinking of putting the cast iron manifold back!

I still am considering an Air Gap for our upcoming 406 SB......

81ElCamino

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put one on my car and I like it. i have notice a difference over the standard perfromer and the dyno showed it's improvements. Check it out

WWW.X86RACING.COM Dave's Pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.