Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering buying the LC-1 setup with the DB digital gauge. Any downfalls to this combo over the sweep style G2 or G3 gauge? Also the XD-16 has a few more options on the gauge face, is this really necessary ( worth the extra $110) if you can download/data log on a laptop? Any horror or love stories with this setup? Don't want to burn up my motor through trial and error, especially with the destructive lung mounted on top, so is this really as valuable and worthwhile of an investment as I think it is?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
I am seriously considering buying the LC-1 setup with the DB digital gauge. Any downfalls to this combo over the sweep style G2 or G3 gauge? Also the XD-16 has a few more options on the gauge face, is this really necessary ( worth the extra $110) if you can download/data log on a laptop? Any horror or love stories with this setup? Don't want to burn up my motor through trial and error, especially with the destructive lung mounted on top, so is this really as valuable and worthwhile of an investment as I think it is?
=
Spend some time here ;)
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/index.php

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will but would still like to here what others on this site think of the setup.

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
buy the basic item, get your car tuned in. these things are good, but you don't need all the eye candy to fix your car. It works better if you have a bung in the exhaust close to the front. If no bung spend the eye candy money on getting one welded in.

recommended, especially for the lunger deal.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
I have the LC-1 and I like it but it's like anything else, it depends on how you intend to use it. From what it sounds like I think you'll be OK with the setup you're thinking about. In hindsight I would have been better off with the LM-1 because of it's portability because I plan on tuning lots of different cars. Their forums are awesome, some really knowledgeable folks there so once you get your equipment and install it start a thread over there right off the bat to let them know what you're doing. There's quite a few guys on the forum running blowers, too.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I have the LC1 with the X16 gauge. I am fairly happy with it, although preheating the senor is a pain. I like having the gauge in the car while I drive and seeing what it is doing real time. That togther with my vacuum gauge immediately gives me a big clue of the problem if something has gone wrong with the engine.. blown intake gasket, broken valve spring, stuck carb float, etc.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
i have a basic lc-1 in my chevelle now, kind of handy to be able to just glance at it while driving to see whats going on (ls/procharger/carb)- before i got the lc-1 (got a deal off ebay) i used the lm-1, and had the rpm converter with it-i actually liked the lm-1 better, as i could make some runs, carry it in the house and download it, see my afr's in relation to the rpm's-with the lc-1, i think you have to download right into the laptop, but not 100% sure, as i have not progressed that far with it, kind of computer challenged, lol
i keep my lm-1, and have an extra bung in my exhaust so i can still use it
i have not driven at night, but wonder if the lc-1 is gonna be to bright staring in my face

1 - 7 of 7 Posts