Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the A/C unit from my firewall on my 71' Malibu. There are two holes, (1) round, and (1) square. What am I supposed to do with these holes?
Thanks in advance
Lee

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Cover them up. Unfortunately you will have to fabricate something. A non-AC cover will not work.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
111 Posts
YOU TOOK OFF WHAT! Shame on you. I hope you won't be looking for it in the summer time. Maybe you could pull the carpet back form the inside and put a piece of sheet metal over the hole.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I did the same thing on my '67...everything was missing or broken. I may be wrong, but if you cover those holes, it may get real warm inside the car. One of those is an inlet for fresh air. (Through the fender) I was thinking I'd just leave all the hardware under there as it is, so I can control the heat and fresh air flow, including the A/C blower. Maybe someone who knows more about this can help us both out.

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Find the nearest Mac truck going 70mph, and stand in front of it. Or better yet, send me all your ac parts.

------------------

·
Registered
171 Posts
To each his (or her) own but I went to great pains to keep the factory AC on my 68 intact. And every summer I'm glad I did.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,005 Posts
What did you take off besides the suitcase? How much do you want for this worthless junk?

<g>

Tom

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had a 70ss 454 (Ls-6)I did the same thing. But when I cut a big hole in the trunk for the fuel cell I used the trunk metal to cover the hole in the fire wall. I'm kidding guys!! Actually I've seen the use of a heat only section, from a donor welded inplace of the A/C and looks clean, or you can cover it with metal the race way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.