Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to locate any NOS A/C hose assemblies for the 70 Monte w/small block or 72 Camino w/big block so I am considering sending the old hoses to someone who can recondition them. Can this be done without the assemblies appearing aftermarket? I realize the hose may not have GM stamped on it and that's ok, just don't want the crimped parts to look too hokey. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Tom -

I only have a suggestion, not a tried-and-true recommendation. Check with the hydraulic shops in your area. I had a special hose made to connect my air compressor to the fixed copper pipe in my garage, and the place had every type of hose imaginable. They might just be able to put something together for you.

------------------
Rainer
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
I have seen hoses done by local AC shops that look like production items , with the crimped ferrule on the end.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
To everyone, A good parts store that makes up hoses should be able to make the hoses for you. Take the old hoses there so they can have them for reference but. tell them not to destroy them. they should have the fittings to mate up to the old ones that very closly resemble the old ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.