Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys 20 gallon compressor blew the motor and I took the tank home. besides buying a air tank kit, is there any cheap options to repair, repurpose on of these tanks? Or just do the smart thing and toss it in the trash? jim

·
Registered
1970 SS 396 25-C, 1966 SS R-R
971 Posts
I have a small tank on wheels with a handle that I put a gauge, ball valve and quick coupler on for a portable tank. The only thing is I use back to back male quick coupler fittings to fill it.

·
Premium Member
7,985 Posts
Put a small 12v compressor on it.
Add some air horns.
Store it in your trunk or use it for parties.

Get the idea? :)

Also you will have portable air if your tires ever need it.

·
Premium Member
Vancouver BC Canada
2,306 Posts
I'd reuse it with another Compressor Like was said. More volume means less running of the compressor. Ahhhh quiet.

Reactions: shovelrick

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
I had a 60 gallon compressor tank. The motor blew up. My compressor is installed in a small shelter attached to the outside of my shop. I plumbed the old tank in line inside my shop. When I intend to use lots of air.......painting or grinding/sanding, I open the valve top allow both tanks to fill and I have all the air I need to keep the tools running.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a 50 gallon tank on wheels that I plumbed with pipe and a set of water air separators which I now only use to paint... My large shop compressor charges this tank and I paint from it with a dedicated hose. Virtually eliminates all water, and the compressor hardly runs...

·
Registered
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stupid things still rolling around in the back of the car. go to some yard sales this weekend and a guys got a realistic reciever and a dvd/vhs player in a free pile I drag home. Guy says for some reason the speakers quit working on the receiver, the mute button was pushed in. hooked them both together and got some decent tunes in the garage now. jim

Reactions: Alwhite00

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
You know the answer to this. Some (many) years back I tried to give a big Freon tank away to anyone (including you and Philip) and found no interest. I guess air storage is not a priority.

·
Registered
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was at a buddies who dies scrap metal and donated it to his stack of recyclables. jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts