Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried those air bag shocks on their Chevelle? I know two places have them Air Ride and Air Lift, but anyone put them one? There was an article in Super Chevy with a 65 Elky but they had to chop the bags up. Also does the car "float"? Someone said it was the worst feeling after they installed them in their truck. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I just installed a pair of Air Lifts today. I can't really say much about the ride, yet. They did raise the rear a couple inches
. I didn't want that since my lower control arms *were* almost parallel to the ground. I just wanted to firm up the springs. It still looks OK but I really want it hugging the ground. BTW, the car is a 67 EC.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 & 67 El Caminos

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed the Air Ride air springs. This ride in a little stiffer even at lower pressures. However I have total adjustability on ride height. Overall they are expensive but I love the look. I couldn't get it low enough with lowering springs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've used air bags for a number of years. They definitely help stiffen up the suspension and improve handling as long as you keep the car fairly level. Plus they are great if you take your car to the track. You can preload the passenger side with more air than the driver side. Really helps aid traction and gives you some easy suspension tuning. Check out JC Whitney catalog, they have the AirLift brand and are the lowest price I've seen.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wanted to add an air bag to my car. I was thinking of just putting one on the passenger side. How does that affect ride quality if you only have one?? Will it make the car hight on that side??

·
Registered
58 Posts
David, you can keep the air pressure in the passenger side bag as low as 5 psi. Then when you want to aid in traction pump it up a little more. I got mine for X-mas and am just now in the process of putting them on. I think i will put one on each side, since the adj drag shocks i got seemed to have lifted the front end up a little. That way i can lift the rear end to match and when i decide to run it i can lower to pressure in the drivers side bag. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.