Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aftermarket Window Regulator=Junk?

Guys,

I've spent the better part of the afternoon trying to install a repop window regulator on the passenger door of my '69 SS.

I had to drill out and replace the rollers for the window track, as well as re-drill two holes on the door so the mounting holes would line up.

After getting it bolted up and trying to adjust it, I've found two things:

1. The window rolls up too high, and doesn't roll down far enough. It sits about 3" out of the door when brought to the bottom, and high enough that it would hit my drip rail when cranked up all the way.

2. The window is crooked, as in the rear sits much higher than the front.

Any advice, or are these things truly junk and I should seek out a good used one?

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Dan just everyone else is going to say:
Did you adjust your window stops upper & lower?
Did you adjust your Inner panel cam?
The inner panel cam plays a part in the angle of the window.
I just installed my glass in my 69.

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brad,

Did all of that...cannot get this sucker to line up

The inner panel cam was the last thing I did, and it brought front corner of the window up, but not enough to help.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Dan is this your first time doing the window adjustment?
I know the first time I did mine it was way off until I did it all over again like 3 times.
I would also post on TC WTB: for a 69 window regulator?

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Aftermarket Window Regulator=Junk?

Brad,

I already did the window adjustments 2 years ago when I first re-installed the windows, had 'em both done in under 2 hours. The right side gave way, hence the replacement:(.

When the repop unit is cranked to lower the window, I watched it, and it runs out of teeth...so the 3 inches that still show above the door aren't likely to change.

The inner panel cam has done all it can do. The slots for the adjustment are diaganol. The lower the in the slot the adj. bolts are set, the higher the front of the window can go. The bolts are as low as they can go. I would need to elongate the slots to get better adjustment, and at some point that would start interfering with the door latch mechanism rod.

I've examined the part thoroughly, and the slight variations it has from the original lead me to strongly believe it just isn't going to work:sad:. I'm looking for a good used unit, and have already made a few phone calls.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Dan when you get the OEM replacement let me know what happens when you do the swap out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.