Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post in the interior section, so here goes.
I have a 73 nova, im doing the interior this winter/spring. Im in the market for some aftermarket seats, because by the time i redo my factory seats ill probably have just as much in them and i want the comfort of the f-1 style seats! I dont want Sparco, recaro or corbeau simply for price reasons and i have another problem. Im only 6'2" but im 250 lbs and there isnt a whole lot of weight to loose. I just talked to the guy at APC and he said i wouldnt fit worth a crap in their super seat. Any one my size have any aftermarket seats? What are you using? What kind of quality should i expect from the less expensive seats? Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think www.stylinconcepts.com might sell some decent seats. Or check out the local junk yards or ebay for some Pontiac Grand Prix seats or something similar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought a pair of the Scat Procar seats a little more than a year ago, and I am still happy with them. I am not 6 foot tall, but I make up for that in my weight. I am not sure about the Novas, but they have brackets that are made for several cars. Here is the web site : http://www.procarbyscat.com hope this helps.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by koolbreeze25:
I bought a pair of the Scat Procar seats a little more than a year ago, and I am still happy with them. I am not 6 foot tall, but I make up for that in my weight. I am not sure about the Novas, but they have brackets that are made for several cars. Here is the web site : http://www.procarbyscat.com hope this helps.
I use Procar by Scat seats. I'm 6'7'' and 280 lbs (I have plenty of weight to lose LOL). These seats fit great for me. I bought a pair for a Nova I had and sold. I bought a new pair for my 70 Chevelle. I have the black vinyl Rallys. They match the interior really well. I love them. Comfy. :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
There's a huge junk yard conglomerate that sells seats on E-bay. I just lucked out and got 2 bucket seats, perfect condition, leather, both power and heated, out of a 99 Lexus for $100 plus $50 to shuttle it about 50 miles away from me.

I lost the bidding on some Caddillac bucket seats that were every bit as nice. But they went for well over $200.

Late model Monte Carlo seats are nice too! My wife's 2002 Monte has some really awesome seats.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts