Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a 72 and I just bought a brand new SS hood and decklid for $250 off craigslist. I couldn't pass up the deal but I already have both but they need some work. The original decklid has some rust in the bracing on the underside and the hood has been damaged due to someone letting it fly up going down the highway. The guy said he bought both new pieces from yearone and I'm just wanting to know how good of a fit these pieces will be and if I should use them or rework what I already had.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Original in my opinion fits better than after market, I used a Goodmark hood, my original was to far gone, and it does not fit as well. The best fit I could come up with was leaveing an ugly uneven gap between the back edge of the hood and cowl, but its still better than my old wasted hood.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had an aftermarket decklid for my 68...it did fit good everywhere except the lower edge to the panel between the taillights...the center was 1/4 inch high in the middle...some weld beads and grinding and it would be ok...I ended up using the original...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts