Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just wired up some autometer gauges (oil/water)and ran the lights from the fuse block where it shows LMPS, and everything was fine, I then added the voltmeter light on to the same wire (3 lights to one wire going to the fuse block) and I blew the fuse. Took that wire out (like it was before) and I still blow the fuse every time I turn on the lights. The fuse in there was a 4 amp, is that correct for the car (looks like a longer one would fit)?

What is going wrong here, like I said it worked fine for a couple days and now it blows the fuse ?

I'll be adding a tach this week also, so any advice to get that lit up would be helpful.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
you can do it the easy mans way run a wire form the battery to swithch then to your gauges it one one of my miss adventures.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There must be a clean way to wire this so the headlight switch turns all the instrument and dash lights on....
:D

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah, the gauges are grounded through one wire running from one of the gauges to a spot behind the radio.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Originally posted by BigBlockBeaumont:
Hey Guys,

I just wired up some autometer gauges (oil/water)and ran the lights from the fuse block where it shows LMPS, and everything was fine, I then added the voltmeter light on to the same wire (3 lights to one wire going to the fuse block) and I blew the fuse. Took that wire out (like it was before) and I still blow the fuse every time I turn on the lights. The fuse in there was a 4 amp, is that correct for the car (looks like a longer one would fit)?

What is going wrong here, like I said it worked fine for a couple days and now it blows the fuse ?
You must have a short in the wiring, power going straight to ground. Those little lights in the gauges pull very little current. I would recheck all the wiring for the gauges.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indeed I was grounding out. One of the bulbs was not seated right and the power lead was touching the bulb housing....problem fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts