Team Chevelle banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash for my `70 SS w/guages,as most needs some attention as far as the silver/chrome highlights, and the "black grain" needing some paint also .I`ve seen pics of the aftermarket dashes and am wondering if anybody has installed one? Horror stories :mad: or Happy endings.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Jim, If you do a search this has been dicussed before.There are pros and cons.Some people like them some don't.There are small discrepences with the repro.Trim is painted not chrome,Lettering for wiper switch different. It depends on how original you want it.If you have time and your handy you can redo your dash.It's not really that hard.There are a lot of posts on this topic.You'll get to see some of the members handy work.Some real fine dashs out there. Me personaly, I have been touching mine up but when time and money permit,I'm going to send it out and have it rechromed and detailed. ;) Jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just painted my dash and WOW did it turn out nice. Very surprised because I did not think it would look very good. I used SEM paint and a Krylon Chrome Pen. Only cost me about $50 to do every piece of plastic in my 70. Saved me hundreds. If the dash is not in bad shape structurly then I would consider trying yourself. Depends on what you are going to do with the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts