Chevelles.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got these in there car? how do they look ? any pics? like the ones at pepboys...

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I have some Procar Ralley 2000 seats in my chevelle, I'm pretty happy with them. They have a 'vintage' look, but hold you into the seat like crazy. Don't have any pics right now, but you can look them up on the web. Reasonably priced too!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by 69boo307:
I have some Procar Ralley 2000 seats in my chevelle, I'm pretty happy with them. They have a 'vintage' look, but hold you into the seat like crazy. Don't have any pics right now, but you can look them up on the web. Reasonably priced too!
I agree. This is my second car with those seats (I also had a set in a '71 Nova I once owned). They don't look out of place and are VERY comfortable. Well worth the money. Plus, it made it easier for me to fit in the car (6'7"). I love 'em.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Originally posted by ben70:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 69boo307:
I agree. This is my second car with those seats (I also had a set in a '71 Nova I once owned). They don't look out of place and are VERY comfortable. Well worth the money. Plus, it made it easier for me to fit in the car (6'7"). I love 'em. </font>[/QUOTE]TYhink you guys have found my seats for me. I was going to recover the SS stockers but I want some support in the turns since I am leaning toward the pro-touring side. These look nice and even have pleats so they wont look bad with the stocker covered rear seat. Nice.

Right on.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by pi71:
Wow way out of my price range... thanks
I had looked at recovering some originals. But when I took into acount the cost of getting some beat up originals, getting the material to re-cover them, and then paying someone or doing it myself, it wasn't worth it to me.

I bet you could find some late model seats that might work. Maybe in a boneyard. That could be worth a try. My brother has done that and found some nice seats.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Those Procar seats look cool! That's something I'll definitely look at when it's time for the bench to go. Still need the bench though, much more convenient when you have a 4-year old climbing around in the car. I have learned that most center consoles are quite fragile.

If you want something with a stock appearance, you could look at 2:nd gen. Camaro. Had a -71 once, the seats were very comfortable and had descent side support. Only thing I didn't like was that they didn't recline, but it seemed like they got the perfect angle for me anyway. You should be able to find them cheap, and new covers are easy to find.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I bought some Lexus seats off a major junk yard company that posts all kinds of bucket seats on E-bay.

I don't have them installed yet, but they look pretty good.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
Originally posted by Chevl_Steve:
I bought some Lexus seats off a major junk yard company that posts all kinds of bucket seats on E-bay.

I don't have them installed yet, but they look pretty good.

Steve
Be sure that you do not purchase seats from a 4-door car. It's likely that they do not "flip forward" for rear seat entry. I almost made this mistake on some awesome fully electronic seats.

As such, it's usually the 2-door cars that make better donors. But the newer two door cars have more narrow seats leaving a good deal of side gaps for the center consol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was modifing Ford Thunderbird SC seats to fit but all the electric motor stuff takes up too much room (8 way power seat, power bolsters too) and even with them all the way down I only have about 2" of room between the headliner and my head and I'm only 5'11". Too bad, these seats are VERY comfy and supportive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts