Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 67' Malibu with stock lap belts. My 16 year old son will be driving the car and we need something safer. I looked at race harnesses, but if all four points are on the floor, they still allow you to fly forward in an accident. Short of installing a roll bar, is there any way to install shoulder harnesses in this car?

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
I am not absolutely sure on this, but I think that '67 was the first year for Chevelles to get optional shoulder belts. The mount points should be hidden by the headliner.

·
Premium Member
17,414 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think that '67 was the first year for Chevelles to get optional shoulder belts<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, 1966 Chevelles had the shoulder belts optional, but VERY rare...

I wonder if all the 67 Chevelles have the provision for the shoulder belt (anchor already installed in the side-roof)? If that was the case, is should be fairly easy to adapt...

·
Premium Member
17,414 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1966-L78, I would appreciate it if you would check out your car with the headliner removed, because I felt around in our headliner and could not feel anything. If it is in yours, I will pull the liner back and look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts