Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are options for a stud gridle for AFR 315 V2 heads ? AFR has them listed but they don't list the adjusting nuts.. I have Scorpion Endurance rockers if that matters.. That's one thing I haven't got, and think I need before I go to the track.. thanks, Gary

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like to keep the adjuster nuts the same as was factory. There is a .550 and .600 diameter adjuster. I have a set of BBC scorpion race rockers on the bench and they have .600 adjusters. Its said that you can use the .550 adjusters in place of the .600's but the last set of Crane rockers I had had a little extra side to side movement with the .550's.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I like to keep the adjuster nuts the same as was factory. There is a .550 and .600 diameter adjuster. I have a set of BBC scorpion race rockers on the bench and they have .600 adjusters. Its said that you can use the .550 adjusters in place of the .600's but the last set of Crane rockers I had had a little extra side to side movement with the .550's.
I don't think anyone makes the .550 dia. adjusters any more. There may be some old rockers on the market that will not take a .600 adjuster but for the most part, the industry has moved to the .600" because the 550's had a tendency to mushroom. Just not enough wall thickness on the ends of the adjuster. The adjuster nut is not meant to "locate" the rocker.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
What are options for a stud gridle for AFR 315 V2 heads ? AFR has them listed but they don't list the adjusting nuts.. I have Scorpion Endurance rockers if that matters.. That's one thing I haven't got, and think I need before I go to the track.. thanks, Gary
Another option for the V2 is the Jomar 1115 and it's a nice piece. Comes with or without adjusters. Call Straub.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
AFR offers adjuster nuts for their 6202 stud girdle under part #'s 6214 (exhaust) and 6215 (intake).

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,330 Posts
I'd buy the AFR stuff for the AFR heads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts