Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys with Afco aluminum radiators do me a favor?
I received mine, and it looks awfully small. The width is 26" for the core frame and then 2" of tabson each side and height is 18.5".

This is supposedly for my '68, the invoice says '67 Chevelle. When I talked to Bob at Afco today he said that the dimensions are correct for '68. My old radiator was wider than this one.

If you can measure yours for the '68 - '72 Chevelle and let me know what the width is I would appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Yanniz
Check out this thread about the AFCO installation. JeffK posted some great pictures of his installation. The AFCO's are narrower but his doesn't have flanges on the sides. http://www.chevelles.com/forum/Forum9/HTML/005989.html

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
Team Chevelle member #625
Gateway Area Chevelle Club member CM028
(OO ss OO)
chevl71 homepage

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Doug, I appreciated it.
Looking at these pictures I think that I have the wrong radiator. Jeff's looks wider and alos does not have the flanges on the side.

How did your install turn out? Is your radiator wider than mine?
THanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ryan, that is what I thought.
I will call them back on Monday and talk to them again.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Ours is also 31" wide ('69 Elke). Our neighbor has a '70 SS, and his came 34" wide (Big Block Width?). I wish we would have known that at the time, we would have purchased the 34" width.

Call Bob and explain the differences to him. He really is knowledgeable in all aspects of our hobby. Any time you order something from anyone, be sure to tell the supplier what "YOU" want, otherwise, situations like this arise. Get an AFCO catalog, they have a multitude of different products.

By the way, when we bought out '69 Elke a couple of years ago, the radiator was only 26" wide.

Hope this helps.

Team Members Forever.

Richard and Judy White, MAXX2

------------------

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Yanniz
I haven't ordered one yet. I ran into a '72 big block basket case (less eng/trans) that I bought. Yeah, like I need something to do in my spare time
Kind of slowed me down at bit. My body isn't even on the rotisserie yet! So I have plenty of time before I really need the rad. I'm still going with AFCO. I'm hoping 1 year from now too.

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
(OO ss OO)
chevl71 homepage

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
When you talk to Bob Bruning at AFCO, be sure to order the 34" RAD.

By the way, why wait a year to order the part(s) you need, they may be quite a bit more a year from now? (Who knows?).

Like= maybe they are "SLOW" now, and the radiator/? just might be at a price you cannot beat?

Team Members Forever.

Richard and Judy White, MAXX2

------------------

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Good point on the prices going up. I plan on ordering the AFCO within the next month or two. I've been accumulating all sorts of cool stuff for the car, it keeps me motivated looking at the good stuff.

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
(OO ss OO)
chevl71 homepage

[This message has been edited by chevl71 (edited 07-15-2001).]

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, these guys are great.
I talked to Bob today, and is shipping me one tomorrow (the 34" wide by 19" high.)
Great customer support, and the radiator looks great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.