Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

afco hot rod products

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  chev64 
#1 ·
i was at the turkey rod run in daytona today and came across what i think is a good deal in aluminum 2 core radiators...

Afco hot rod products has them, no epoxy , all funace brazed construction...form what i could see they looked as good as any aluminum rads i have seen and are much lsee expensive...

the rads in summitt and jegs custom made for my 70 are about 550...this guy quoted me 255 plus 40 if i need an auto trans cooling line built in...

they claim a 20 to 30 degree drop in head temp but they dont put it in writing as some of the bigger names do..

has anyone used the rads and are they as good as the other brands??

www.hotrodafco.com

11/27...i checked out the griffins at the local speed shop today...the core tubes are definitely held in place and sealed with resin...

im gonna steer clear of that construction and go with the metal to metal...
these cant be reocored..maybe thats the difference but for 265 i dont care...i think it is a better product..

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
wa3men@aol.com
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

[This message has been edited by 70 SS 454 (edited 11-26-99).]

[This message has been edited by 70 SS 454 (edited 11-27-99).]

See less See more
#2 ·
Rich,
I just checked out the website for the aluminum radiators and they didn't have anything listed for Chevelle's (all hot rod or street rod stuff), and the cheapest radiator listed was $365.00. Are you sure that guy you talked to wasn't pulling your leg? I'm curious cause I wouldn't mind getting an aluminum radiator for cheap!

Dave

------------------
Team Chevelle #373
ACES #3512
69 SS Convertible
community.webtv.net/DMBrewer/Daves69ChevellePage

#3 ·
he wrote the prices on the back of a card...his name is bob bruning

255 + 40 for AT cooler...this was for the custom fit NOT the universal that you have to rig to fit...in fact i said to him "this is about 1/2 the price of thr griffins and be cools to which he just nodded!

i went to the local speed shop to check ou the griffins and that epoxy is for the birds these afco look MUCH better!!!

i am going to order one!!

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
wa3men@aol.com
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

[This message has been edited by 70 SS 454 (edited 11-28-99).]

#4 ·
Rich, get the dimensions. I'd like one too if they're the right size.

------------------
Dale P.
Team Chevelle Member# 423
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"

#9 ·
70 SS 454;

Please keep all of us informed. We need a new radiator for our '69 El Camino frame off resto. We will probably start the engine=GM Vortec 330 HP/350 within the next week with the old radiator. We would wait a few extra days if the radiator you found was available.

Richard and Judy White, MAXX2
Member #341

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.