Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
afco is willing to extend the "show price" per their email below to all club members.. you will need to identify yourslf and maybe use my name since i failed to tell them "Team Chevelle" but i would tell them both and soon they will realize team chevelle is the club name

Rich Baratta

email i received follows.... be sure to confirm their quality for your self as i dont want anyone disappointed / upset (especially with me) if this turns out to not be the deal i think it is!!!

Subj: Re: 70 chevelle BBC 502
Date: 12/10/99 3:33:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: [email protected]

The pricing you were quoted at Daytona Turkey Run, is a discounted price
normal price is $319.00 +$40.00 for trans cooler. $255.00 + $40.00 for
trans cooler is a special show price. We would allow that price for your
members. Any quantity pricing means all radiators would be shipped at one
time to 1 location. For 1 total price.

Thank you.
www.afcohotrod.com

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hold on guys. Let's not too excited.

"Any quantity pricing means all radiators would be shipped at one time to 1 location. For 1 total price."

That means they will ship all the radiators in one shipment to one address for one check for the total amount for all the pieces. Being a nationwide club, we might need to decide if a $64 savings is worth the extra shipping and liability of the poor DHS (Designated Human Sacrifice). The DHS will make the buy and distribute the radiators and collect the money, and hope no one "has a problem" and can't pay.

Rich, I don't know if you want to open a radiator shop at this time. BTW, Rich, will your shop take Discover Card?

I think they are making a great offer, but I don't know if we can coordinate it. Having said that, I will consider being the DHS for the Los Angeles, CA area. Terms TBD (to be determined).

I used to charter fishing boats and was responsible for the entire price $1200-$1400. Needless to say I had some VERY expensive fishing trips.

DaleP
64 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"...you did take the washer off, right?

[This message has been edited by DaleP (edited 12-11-99).]

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dale ...the way i read their response is that they WILL honor the turkey rod run prices for members...but that if we wanted a further "quantity " discount we would need a designated middleman...

my email to them actualy asked about a discount beyond the show price for club members......this is why i posted their actual response...maybe it will be helpful if i post my email to them asking them for the discount...they say they would allow that price to our members but that quantity pricing (presumably less than that ) would require a single point of delivery so i interpret this as the 255 + 40 for members but that further discounts would need a middleman

Subj: Re: 70 chevelle BBC 502
Date: 12/2/99
To: [email protected]

In a message dated 12/2/99 4:55:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

> It would take about 4 weeks to build you a radiator for your Chevelle. The
> price would be as quoted.
>
> Thank you.
> www.afcohotrod.com

I belong to a chevelle club...several members are interested in radiators similar to that which i inquired about...

would you be interested in an order for several, maybe many, radiators for chevelles whose specs would be to provide maximum cooling adaquate for the nastiest big blocks (maximum cores/capacity ) and would you extend a group discount??

if so please advise how many radiators and what price breaks would be possible... all radiators would need to be shipped separately and the way we would set it up is that each member would call and identify themselves as a club member then place their own order such that they alone are financially responsible and the club is not
"in the middle"...ie all transactions would be on a one on one basis with the club members getting a discount...

if interested please advise asap!!

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.