Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend sold a glide, shifter and converter to another guy in town. Asking was 1200 final sale was 1000. Ther converet had about 8 passes on since freshened by the owner previous to my friend. My freind had it in his dads car where it was way too much converter, 5200 rpm, that they replaced with a 3800. In his dads car it 60 footed 1.7 and ran 12.1x. The new converter was like 11.9x with 1.65. So this buyer takes the converter to a tranny shop, has it cut open and inpected and they say all the fins inside are gone, and it is completely garbage. the buyer says my friend should pay him 300 for the converter or refund the 1000. My friend more or less just want to keep his name clean around town.

Do you:

Say F you, buyer beware, the product worked fine for the seller and only had knolwedge the product was working.

Refund the 300

Meet part way, 150 max

General consenses is its a buyer beware on used race parts and it's not the sellers problem. but the buyer is the brother of a fairly big local in town and my friend things he could get dragged though the mud on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
If you ask me, buying a trans from a private party is a risk. If the seller told him all the history on it, the buyer is taking the gamble. If he did not try to decieve the buyer, i would say F the buyer. Its used race parts, come on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts