Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 700cfm dbl pumper on my 454. After starting it up for the first time I went to adjust the float boal levels but when I loosened the site screw gas starting squirting out all over the place. Same thing happened when I loosened the lock screw for the needle and seat. Is this supposed to happen? How can I tell when the level of the boals is correct if there is gas flying out all over the place? Thanks.

------------------
Chris Dagenais
Saskatchewan, Canada
CST Kelsey
'71 Malibu soon to be 454!
member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage

·
Registered
92 Posts
The easiest way is to get clear site plugs, $4-$5 for the pair... no muss no fuss. If you have fuel shooting out of the site-hole then your float is set way too high. When properly adjusted the front should just show fuel at the bottom of the site (nudge the fender and it should slosh out. The rear should trickle slightly. If you need more let us know...MK

------------------
hometown.aol.com/mkrauser/gmracing/gmracing.htm

70 Chevelle Fathom Blue
70 Malibu Convertible Midnight Regatta Blue

Chicago - Suburbs

·
Registered
13,151 Posts
MK is exactly on the money. Item number first, get the clear sight plugs. And yes, when you loosen the lock screw, it will leak a little. But get the sight plugs first!

------------------
Tom Parsons

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.