Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want power windows,locks, trunk and under hood lights. You might have guessed my car did not come with these. Has anyone any ever installed any of these? I'm wondering if my factory harness supports any of these things. I'd rather not change my factory harness and was hoping that these options are compatible with it. Anyone have a clue? There are PW on E-Bay now that are NOS! I would love to have them for the convience. Anyone done this swap???

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Power windows and under hood light will get power from the horn relay. The trunk light taps into the dome light power supply. Power door locks connect to the fuse black. All are add-ons that are separate from the factory harnesses.

Adding power windows is not hard, It's pretty much a bolt on addition. The hardest part is punching holes for the wire ducts/boots. I used electrical knock out punches for clean holes. Hole saws wobble and you end up with larger holes than intended. There are dents in the door and cowl to mark the hole centers. Try to get a complete set with wiring, and switches. Power supply harness, circuit breaker and relay are typically not included but are available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts