Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add a delay/intermittent wiper control and was wondering if anyone had a clean setup. I've seen some '80's vintage (I think Camaro) wiper switches that look like they might fit into my '72 dash. Any ideas?
Thanks guys!
-Bill

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Years ago they used to have add on kits to where you used your old indash controls for speed and squirters but then it was wired to a delay box that had a rotary knob on it to adjust how much delay was wanted.
I would check to make sure if you are trying to use the controls from another make/model car that you can still use the same wiper motor assembly as it may not be compadible on wiring.
I was lucky on my Nova and I happened across a factory indash delay wiper switch on a slightly newer one in a salvage yard and I knew it was not just the switch that made the wipers into the delay style. I traced the wiring back and found the control box and then tracked down where the wires went into the loom and continued on to the wiper motor. I found out on mine it would be just a plug in type installation for the wiring and then just a simple matter of swapping out the indash control. It used the same wiper motor and wiring under the hood.
I wonder if maybe some street rod companies sell an add on kit ?.
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts