Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone added Vintage Air to a non A/C 70? I am very fortunate to own a nicely restored 70SS. It has a balanced and blue printed, fuel injected 402 (407 now) all the best aftermarket parts. Block and heads are original drive train parts. Car is very streetable but definitely set up for strip. No power steering. Power brakes and heater deleted. Never had air. Has electric fuel pump too. Lots of chrome, a very simple looking engine. Since I live in FL air is tough not to have. I have the Vintage Air Catalog. Just wanted some advice if anyone has gone through it. I am really concerned about under-hood appearance. Chrome and stainless hoses preferably. I am hoping to keep it as simple as possible. I have a new 4 core alum. radiator and new custom-made metal shroud, so I think I can keep it cool. Might need a bigger alternator. Any other considerations? Could I bolt the compressor where the fuel pump was? The car shows modified already as it has a cage and flames, so I am not too concerned to keep interior original.

Pat
'70 SS396
'99 WS6 TA

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I used a Vintage Air Surefit kit on my '68. Its the same on as you would need. I was very impressed with the quality and function of the parts. Read Wes Vann's site about a/c installation several times first! As far as polished or stainless or braided, your wallet is your only limit! The kit ran about $1,100 with no extras, but paid for itself this summer in increased enjoyment. The compressor is a small Sanden and very unobtrusive. Good luck.

------------------
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483
Team Chevelle #32 Gold
1968 Chevelle
1991 Z/28

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.