Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...can antone tell me where exactly acc. is ...we have been have some trouble getting it..some say just below the lock mark on the column and some say just above the lock mark..we working on 69 chevelle, had to replace the ign. switch cause the key broke in it ...just got back another column and seems acc. is just above lock pos. I thought unless my memory fails me that I always turned it towards the floor,, below lock....but it's been many many years...now not sure??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
glad to see that...but key won't go past lock like that.. can't figure it out ...we've had 2 different people work on this thing..have new switch and now another column...not sure on this column now...wondering if it has to be hooked up to the reverse lockout before we'll get it to acc...right now haven't put it in the car any help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the new key set did turn before putting it into the column....there are 3 clicks then start now, so we are wondering if it's maybe the rod position in the switch. was able to find some usefull info. on this subject from another post on here with excellent detail so hoping that will help also, thanks for any & all replys we'll try anything at this point,it's been a very aggrivating problem ..but probably has a simple solution..just have to find it..

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I have been wondering about this for some time. I have 3 Chevelles (all 72's) and none of them can be turned to the ACC position. One has a new switch and new lock cylinder and it still does not work. The owner's manual merely says to rotate the key counter clockwise to get ACC--no special pushing in or anything else. Weird..

·
Registered
241 Posts
The picture is correct. On 69's just turn left. on 70's up you must push in to turn left. if the key is worn it may not turn left. I presume we are talking about cars with steering col. lock not full size trucks with dash ign's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts