Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone scan and send me a picture of a air conditioner compressor and it's bracket's installed on a 70 SS 396? I'm having a heck of a time to get thing's to line up properly and my assembly manual drawing's stink! Thank's for the help, Narti p.s. if you want to mail it to me i'll gladly pay any postage

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Just for the heck of asking, are you 100% sure that you have all 5 BB ac brackets? If you bolt on the big cast bracket to the front of the left head, bolt on the small cast bracket to the side of the same head, then bolt on the bracket which goes over the valve cover, the other 2 should fall into place. I don't have a scanner and I can't be there, so this is the best help I can offer for now.

------------------

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guy's thank's for the info. I think i've figured out what' s wrong! Dean, in your first photo on your web page, it appear's i have a wrong bracket. The bracket that's triangular in shape(which is bolted to the compressor and to the large bracket on the block and which has a slot to slide the compressor back and forth on) is what i need. Does anyone have a part # for it? Dean, thank's for going out of your way and posting those shot's,Narti

[This message has been edited by Narti (edited 04-11-99).]

·
Gold Founding Member
63,697 Posts
Well Narti, since no one posted any pics of the 70 brackets, I went out and took some pictures of my 69. I don't know if they are the same or not or if they will be of any help or if you can even make heads or tails of them in the first place.

http://macc.chevelles.net/69acbrkt.htm

good luck

------------------
Dean Call
A.C.E.S. # 00235
N.C.O.A. # 4350

macc.chevelles.net

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.